Looking for the perfect outdoor adventure with your furry friend?
The Comox Valley has got you covered! With a fantastic range of trails to choose from, there’s something for every level of hiker – from easy walks to more challenging treks.
And the best part?
Your pooch gets to come along for the fun too!
Check out these five paw-some trails for you and your pup to explore in the Comox Valley.
- Forbidden Plateau: Located near Courtenay, this trail is a moderate hike that offers stunning views of the valley. The trail is well-maintained and offers a variety of terrain, including rocky sections and some steep inclines. It’s a great choice for those looking for a little bit of a workout with their pup.
- Mount Washington: This trail is a bit more strenuous than Forbidden Plateau, but it offers even more breathtaking views. Located near the summit of Mount Washington, this trail is a popular destination for hikers and their dogs. The trail is well-marked, but it can be steep in some sections, so be sure to bring plenty of water and snacks.
- Strathcona Park: This park offers a wide variety of trails for hikers and their dogs to explore. The trails vary in difficulty, so there is something for every skill level. Some of the trails offer beautiful views of the park’s lakes and rivers, while others take you through dense forest and over rocky terrain.
- Goose Spit: Located in Comox, this trail is a great choice for those looking for an easy hike with their dog. The trail is mostly flat and well-maintained, making it perfect for a leisurely stroll with your pup. The trail offers beautiful views of the ocean and the surrounding mountains.
- Puntledge River Trail: This trail is a great choice for those looking for a more challenging hike with their dog. The trail is steep in some sections and can be quite rocky, but it offers beautiful views of the Puntledge River. The trail takes you through dense forest and over creeks and streams, making it a great choice for adventurous dogs.